Glass cloth adhesive tape
- Excellent temperature resistance (Class F, H...)
- Flame resistant
- Conformable backing material
- Resistance to tearing and abrasion
General description of glass cloth adhesive tape
Single sided glass cloth adhesive tape is a technical adhesive product used mainly in the electrical field for reinforcement or coils, wire, motor winding overhang, insulation… This product is particularly appreciated for its temperature resistance, ranked according to different levels.
Here are the main ones:
- Class B – Temperature resistance up to 130 °C
- Class F - Temperature resistance up to 155 ° C
- Class H - Temperature resistance up to 180 °C
There are several markets and the main users are aeronautics, automobile construction and the navy. Glass cloth adhesive tape have unparalleled tensile strength – For example, this type of material can bear a stretching force of up to 7 times more than polyester adhesive tape. Moreover, the glass cloth tape is also suitable for markets that require flame non-propagation (FAR 25) particularly necessary in aeronautics. It is flexible and can be bonded even on irregular surfaces.
For all applications, the main references have a rubber adhesive or a silicone adhesive.
Among our products we have economical references but also technical references that offer :
- Very strong, instantaneous and durable adhesion
- Thermosetting adhesive material
- Adhesive that can be removed without residue for masking
- Fire resistant and flame retardant
- Non-slip with Teflon coated product
- Heat reflector with aluminium coated product
- Approved for contact with food
- Resistance to high temperature (higher than 310°C)
- Custom widths
Some examples of applications of glass cloth adhesive tape ?
- Splicing of insulation panels in airplane baggage holds (fireproof property)
- Underside of welding
- Masking for thermal spraying, oxy fuel welding and cutting, protection of blowtorch nozzles
- Splicing roofing felt, fibre glass, textile…