Industrial scotch-weld hot melt applicator
- Quick bonding and controlled flow
- Economical product
- Resistance to plasticizers
- Flexible and durable bonding
Description of hot melt applicator
Hot melt adhesives are used regularly in industry in the form of sticks (standard in 12 mm, 11 mm and 13 mm in diameter) or granules, and are used to bond several materials (cardboard, wood, paper, cork, rubber, glass, metal, cloth, felt…). They are single-component glues, and Adezif offers several references with different fusion temperatures, different viscosities, different open times…
We sell two different types of hot melt glues :
- HOT MELT glue – Fusion point of about 200° C : It enables fast application on most materials. It is without solvents and is economical.
- LOW MELT glue – Fusion point of about 130°C : Low melt glue has an important advantage: safety (can be interesting for protected workshops or prisons). It also allows you to glue materials that are sensitive to heat like some plastics (see photo above), or to accelerate production time with a shorter open time.
Hot Melt adhesives are used to bond several materials (cardboard, wood, paper, cork, rubber, glass, metal, cloth, felt…). Adezif offers several references with different fusion temperatures, different viscosities, different open times…
Some tips for using hot melt glues with applicator
- To glue expanded polystyrene, choose the 3M quad track glue gun with 3762 LM Low melt glue, at low melting point (avoids burns on the hot guns, reduces open time) or HM 267 low melt glue with a small viscosity.
- If the flow is too high (up to 1.2Kg per hour), choose a glue gun nozzle with a smaller diameter (diameter 1.6mm or 1.8mm), which will allow you to be more precise.
Some examples of industrial applications of hot melt glue
- Manufacturing pallets
- Gluing cardboard pallets
- Gluing cardboard displays
Some references of hot melt glue
We have a large variety of products. Don't hesitate to contact us !