3M VHB double-sided adhesive tape
- Very high performance bonding
- Excellent capacity to absorb deformation and shocks
- Replaces mechanical fasteners (rivets, screws, welding…)
- Effective assembly of different materials
Description of 3M Very High Bond (VHB) double-sided adhesive tape
VHB tape developed by the company 3M is an excellent solution for replacing mechanical fasteners. It’s a technology marketed by the company 3M that differs from standard double-sided foam tape. It consists in 100% acrylic foam adhesive and allows for high performance assemblies.
It is easy to use on different materials and meets aesthetic needs on your products (no screws, joints, welding, rivets…). This acrylic foam tape can absorb peeling stress, tension, shearing and splitting. It is used in many areas like : construction (with STCB and ETA certification), the aeronautical industry, commercial signage, doors, windows, appliances.
It is used to assemble many types of materials like acrylic (PMMA), polycarbonates (PC), painted surfaces (epoxy paint).... These products have proven themselves for over 30 years !
Some tips for choosing your VHB 3M ?
- VHB is a registered trademark of 3M, like scotch. There are many references of VHB. Ask about an assessment for your application !
- For a low temperature application, use our specific reference that can be applied on cold surfaces.
- If you use epoxy powder coating or polyester : Some VHB can be painted during a powder coating cycle, or bond directly on powder coating.
Some examples of applications of 3M VHB tape ?
- Installation of transparent displays or signage
- Bonding metallic stiffeners on road signs
Process for applying VHB
- Degreasing, dust removal
- Applying primer
- Application of VHB (example of recommendation: 60cm² per Kg static load)
- Pressurization (1Kg/cm²)
Some examples of our VHB references
- TO DISCOVER OUR 130 REFERENCES OF ACRYLIC FOAM ADHESIVE >> CONTACT US