Single sided cloth adhesive tape
- Hand tearable
- Resistant to abrasion
- Several colours available
Cloth adhesive tape is a product used for a large number of applications. The cotton backing material, often coated with polyethylene, gives the tape good mechanical resistance while remaining hand tearable. Most references can be written on. It is often used for maintenance applications in the industrial field and in the entertainment industry (gaffer theatres and concert halls). Adezif offers you many references like 3M 1909 scotch cloth tape or Tesa 4688 cloth tape, which are frequently used references by manufacturers.
The main uses of cloth tapes
Here is a list of the main applications of cloth tape :
- Splicing and closing
- Masking / Surface protection
For all these applications, the main references have a cloth backing material impregnated with polyethylene and a rubber adhesive.
Among our products we have economical references but also technical products that allow :
- Instant and long-lasting adhesive power
- Fireproof protection classed M1 (especially used in the aeronautic industry)
- Outdoor use with a 6-month bond and removal without leaving any adhesive residue
- UV resistance for more than one year
- Very waterproof product
- High temperature resistance
- PMUC Approved– for use in nuclear power stations, EDF and Areva authorized
- Printed cloth – We have several references of imprintable cloth tape, personalized with your logo
Some tips for choosing cloth tape ?
- For applications with high mechanical stress, choose a thin cloth mesh; it will offer better tensile strength.
- For sanding applications, use thick cloth tape for your surface protection.
- For an economical use, choose American cloth tape, also called duct tape, which is multi-purpose.
- You can avoid light reflection by using matt cloth tape.
Some examples of applications of cloth tapes ?
- Splicing, sealing and confinement
- Masking and protecting parts for sanding or grit blasting
- Cable harness identification in theatres or show rooms (white, brown, black, green colour…)
- Cloth binding for notebooks
- Maintaining ground cables
- Long-term masking without adhesive deposits or repositionable tape
- Long-term caulking operation
- Wrapping and reinforcement