Double-sided transfer tape
- Adhesive without backing material : "glue in roll"
- Easy to apply with an ATG dispenser
- Excellent adhesion on foam and cloth
- Thin tape
Transfer tape is mainly used for its thinness and for its easy use. The absence of backing material gives you good product “wetting”, that is to say optimises the surface contact of the assembly. This is particularly interesting for bonding foam and cloth.
Here are the main advantages our products can offer :
- Significant thickness of the adhesive for rough surfaces (up to 250 µm adhesive material)
- Reinforced width wise and lengthwise : offers good conformability and mechanical resistance
- Overlapping liner : for a more ergonomic application
- On a special core adaptable for ATG dispenser
- Kraft liner for a barrier against humidity
- Smooth adhesive for good transparency
- Hand tearable
Adhesive transfer films are also widely used when bonding photos, with a dispenser and a PH neutral transfer tape. 3M 467 transfer tape and scotch 468 MP are widely used for bonding sign fronts and plates.
Some tips for choosing your transfer tape ?
- For easy application with automatic liner removal, use the ATG 3M 700 dispenser
- For porous materials, use a thick transfer tape to optimise the bonding surface
- For final assemblies with mechanical constraints, use reinforced or scrim transfer tape
Some examples of applications of transfer tape ?
- Polyethylene foam adhesive
- Bonding sign fronts and plates
- Assembly of brochures or posters for advertising (paper/paper or cardboard/cardboard)