Polyurethane adhesive tape
- Long lasting protective film
- Resistant to shocks, impact and punctures
- Conformable with high elongation resistance
Single sided polyurethane adhesive tape belongs to a specific range that allows for the protection of various materials (metal, PVC, plastic…) temporarily or permanently, offering a barrier against environmental, mechanical or chemical attacks.
This high quality product is :
- wear resistant
- abrasion resistant
- shock resistant
- impact resistant
- UV resistant
It is conformable and can be used on irregular surfaces. As it is waterproof, it protects materials against rust and prevents the formation of corrosion.
It is easy to use and precise.
The main uses of polyurethane adhesive tape
The installation of a protective polyurethane film to protect a surface against mechanical or natural aggressions is a technique that was first used in aeronautics and in the navy : protection of leading edges of aircraft wings, helicopter blades or the water line of a ship.
Then the automotive industry took up this solution, especially in competitions, to protect the lower body frame and the headlights from the impact of gravel and other projections.
Other applications include :
- Protection of wind turbine blades
- Protection and reinforcement of eyelets on tarpaulins, tents, plastic material
- Repair and reinforcement of substrates on vinyl, cloth or leather.
- Temporary protection against mechanical aggressions and welding spatter on glass
Polyurethane tape can also be used for its anti-slip properties as a flat adhesive bumper.