Kapton adhesive and insulating polyimide tape
- Excellent thermal resistance (up to 300°C)
- Good mechanical resistance
- Thermosetting silicone adhesive
General description of Polyimide adhesive tape
Polyimide adhesive tape is a technical tape used in electrical and electronic applications. It is particularly appreciated for its resistance and dimensional stability at high temperatures. The coated adhesive on polyimide film is acrylic or thermosetting silicone. This product is generally amber in colour (thickness of film is on average 25 µm) and especially sold in small widths. We can also custom die-cut large width rolls and pieces for industrial applications.
We convert products from the brand Kapton (Dupont) and also polyimide products.
Some tips for choosing the right polyimide adhesive tape ?
For all applications requiring high temperatures, use the silicone adhesive and choose the class (F-155°C, H-180°C....)
For solvent resistance, increase the standard polymerization time by referring to the datasheet.
Some examples of applications ?
- Electrical insulation of coils and transformers
- Masking at high temperatures for technical surface treatment
- Maintaining electronic parts