Lead adhesive tape
- Resistant to acid baths and reduces X rays
- Electrical and thermal conductivity
- Malleable product
- Heavy product
General description of lead adhesive
Single sided lead adhesive tape is a technical adhesive tape used mainly in electroplating when an acid bath is necessary. Indeed the lead is particularly resistant to chemical aggressions and the rubber adhesive as well.
It also has other advantages :
- Heavy product (balancing parts)
- Thermal conductivity (heat dissipation)
- Electrical conductivity
- Resistant to flames and bad weather
- Resistant to chemical products (chemical machining)
- Reduces X rays (X-ray applications, screen against radiation)
- Protection against moisture
It is particularly suitable for electroplating with considerable thicknesses (more than 19 µm) to avoid peak effects or stops.
Some examples of applications ?
- Surface protection when stripping airplane paint with 3M 420 scotch