Double-sided viscoelastic acrylic foam
- Excellent bonding capacities
- Resistance to thermal and mechanical distension
- Invisible assembly (no holes, no welding points)
- Assembly of the same kind or differing materials
The double-sided viscoelastic acrylic foam tape is composed of a central layer in 100 % acrylic foam adhesive of closed cells, which are therefore very resistant. It can become distorted by absorbing the force applied on the assembly and then resume its initial shape, even in difficult environments. The thermal elongation can go up to 300 % of the thickness of the adhesive without affecting the assembly !
This double-sided tape can be applied on all types of surfaces and allows for the assembly of identical material or different materials : different metals, metal-plastic, metal-glass, ceramic glass… This offers more freedom in the choice of materials.
Another important advantage : the final aesthetics of the assembly of materials. Indeed, the materials will not be damaged or deformed when applying the tape, and it offers the added bonus of noise reduction.
Moreover, the mechanical assembly with welding or rivets allows for less freedom for the thickness of the final product. With the viscoelastic acrylic foam tape, it is possible to use thinner, lighter and less expensive material, as the efforts are spread over the whole surface.
It is also resistant to solvents and ensures perfect sealing, protecting the assembly against corrosion and providing a physical barrier to liquids and gases.
Please note that its very easy implementation does not require the use of specific equipment.
Some examples of applications of double-sided viscoelastic acrylic foam tape?
- Assembly of stainless steel protection strips on aluminium landing parts.
- For POS, the assembly of screen printed glass on rough aluminium or polyester powder coating.
- In the metal industry, the assembly of stiffeners.