- Water tightness or airtightness
- Easy to install
- Glue, adhesive tape or sealant
There are many sealing applications in industry and many solutions for achieving a sealed joint.
The most common applications are :
- Sealing around the openings of rolling stock – Sealants in cartridges or in strips ensure perfect sealing of sky dome products, windows and other openings on caravans or motorhomes.
- Anti-dust protection – The edges of plastic sheets, used especially in the manufacturing of verandas, can be closed with a specific adhesive tape that allows for the circulation of air but ensures a barrier against insects and other foreign bodies.
- Bonding panels – The bus and special vehicle manufacturing industry heavily uses sealants in cartridges for bonding panels. Sealants offer effective bonding with a flexible bonding joint that is resistant to the slight deformations that occur during the normal life cycle of the vehicles.
- Containment – Adhesive tapes are commonly used in industries that require optimal containment. During asbestos removal in contained areas, airtight sealing of waste is possible with a specific adhesive. In the nuclear industry, a specific cloth PMUC adhesive can be used for a large number of applications while respecting the strict regulations of this type of industry.
The main sealing products
- Single sided cloth adhesive tape : Good mechanical resistance, hand tearable, strong initial adhesion (Example : 3M 1909 waterproof scotch adhesive).
- Double-sided foam adhesive tape : To ensure the sealing of an assembly, it is necessary to use a closed-cell foam (Example : Adezif MO 918 mirror adhesive).
- Single-sided PE adhesive tape : To repare the PE tarpaulins for greenhouses or growing tunnels. Excellent UV resistance et economical.
- Preformed butyl sealant : Immediate sealing, long lifetime, does not dry out. Several dimensions available.
- Sealants in cartridges : Single or two-component, joint thickness of several centimetres possible, good UV and hydrocarbon resistance.