- ELECTRICAL INSULATION / PACKAGING
- SURFACE PROTECTION
- Prevents ESD damage to sensitive electronic equipment
- Designed for use in static sensitive environments
- Temperature resistant up to 130 °C / RoHS compliant
- Available widths: Up to 609 mm
- Cutting in rolls, pieces
ESD (electrostatic discharge) tapes are antistatic adhesive tapes used for applications or areas where electrostatic discharge causes problems, especially in manufacturing/production environments.
Once unrolled and used, they avoid these misdeeds, especially on electronic components sensitive to static electricity.
3M Tape 40 is a clear antistatic utility tape with a polyester film backing and an anti-static conductive acrylic polymer adhesive that provides reliable adhesion. Its technology allows this tape to generate a very low level of triboelectric charge (< 50 volts) when unwound or peeled from a surface, especially stainless steel. Triboelectric charge may vary depending on use and environment.
It is designed to prevent electrostatic discharge damage to sensitive electronic equipment. It can be delivered on a plastic core to avoid contamination by dirt in clean work areas.
- Anti-static, conductive polymer acrylic adhesive mass
- Firm adhesion
- Prevents ESD damage to sensitive electronic equipment in manufacturing environments
- Designed for use in static sensitive areas
- Temperature resistance up to 130 °C
- Complies with RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU
- Available in printed version for more security
A high performance tape
The 3M 40 general purpose anti-static tape can be used at static-safeguard workstations as part of the static control process. The 3M 40 generates very low levels of static charge, even in dry conditions at 10% relative humidity (RH). This tape is supplied on a cardboard core, but anti-static plastic cores are available to minimize particulate contamination in clean work areas.
An innovative technology
3M 40 Antistatic Utility Tape is a clear polyster film with an acrylic adhesive. Using proprietary technology, this tape generates extremely low levels of triboelectric charge when unwound or removed from most surfaces to which it is applied. It is ideal for use near electronic components or equipment.
A printed version for extra protection
The 3M 40 is available in a printed version on the adhesive side with the 3M logo and the ESD protection symbol. These prints remind industrial operators that the tape is permitted in statically protected areas, unlike conventional adhesive tapes.
3M 40 is recommended for general purpose applications in industrial manufacturing and production areas. It is designed for all applications requiring anti-static properties.
- Office, clean room, workstation: holding work order notes, third hand, holding obstruction down general purpose...
- Manufacturing/Production: static protection bag closures, conformal coatings/masking; holding and sealing supplies...
- Packaging: sealing/holding of boxes, bags and containers, dip tubes...
- Contaminant removal
- Label stock
|TECHNICAL INFORMATION - 3M 40|
|Colour||Black, clear, or clear black|
|Thickness||0.06 mm (without liner)|
|Temperature resistance||Up to 130 °C|
|Insulation resistance||5 x 106 Ohm|
|Conversion||Cutting in rolls, pieces|
|Available widths||12 mm, 19 mm, 25 mm, 50 mm or up to 609 mm|