- FINAL ASSEMBLY
- Excellent resistance to high temperatures
- Acrylic adhesive with high bonding properties
- Designed for the assembly of metal parts before a powder coating cycle
Possibilities of presentation
- Available widths : up to 1,180 mm
- Cut in rolls, pieces
What are the characteristics of 3M 4611 ?
This 3M 4611 double-sided tape is from the VHB foam tape range whose main asset is its excellent temperature resistance which allows it to resist peak temperatures up to 230 °C and short-term temperatures of 150°C, designed for use in the metallurgy.
The typical application of this tape is the assembly of metal pieces to be painted with powder coating and then subjected to high temperatures in special ovens.
Its acrylic adhesive has a very effective bonding property and is particularly recommended for surfaces with high surface energy. The instantaneous retention on the surface means immediate handling of the parts.
Its acrylic foam material has a bigger density than the other products from the VHB foam range. It can be applied on rough or textured surfaces.
Please note that this product has been approved according to the UL746C standard.
Here are some possible applications :
- metal frame roof bows on trucks or buses
- metal furniture (in steel, for example)
- signage applications (in aluminium, stainless, etc.)
|Colour||Dark grey with a red filmic liner|
|Backing material||Acrylic foam|
|Temperature resistance||150°C continuously, 230°C peak temperature|
|Conversion||Cut in rolls, pieces|
|Available widths||Up to 1,180 mm|