- MASKING / SURFACE PROTECTION / SEALING / SPLICING
- No liner for fast application (version with liner : 3M 427)
- Low flammability - ranked "L"
- Temperature and chemical resistant
Possibilities of presentation
- Available widths : up to 1,000 mm
- Cut in rolls, pieces
What are the characteristics of 3M 425 ?
Here are its main features :
- It is a highly conformable product and enables you to mould the shape of your product in an impressive manner (you can test this with a coin).
- It can easily be used for electroplating because it does not pollute the electrolytic baths. If you use an acid bath, use lead tape
- It enables you, among other things, to create a barrier against dust and moisture.
- It can be used to create the underside in TIG welding. When is it put on the underside of stainless steel welding seams, the results improve in a spectacular manner. As it is protected against air and moisture, it prevents the need to use neutral gas on the underside and eliminates porosity.
Please note that it exists the same product with a liner : 3M 427.
|Thickness||Thickness of aluminium : 72 µm ; total thickness : 116 µm|
|Temperature resistance||150°C continuously|
|Conversion||Cut in rolls, pieces|
|Available widths||Up to 1,000 mm|