- SURFACE PROTECTION
- Long-term protection against external aggressions in the aeronautics industry
- Prevents scratches on industrial equipment
- Can be painted
Possibilities of presentation
- Available widths : For 8561 : up to 101.6 mm ; For 8562 : up to 50.8 mm
- Cut in rolls, pieces
What are the characteristics of 3M 8561 ?
3M 8561 tape is a single sided adhesive tape with polyurethane backing material and an acrylic adhesive from the scotch tape range of the manufacturer 3M.
The main role of this high performance tape is to insulate and protect surfaces against external mechanical or natural aggression, for a long lifetime.
This polyurethane tape meets the AS 9100 standards of the global air and space repository. It is therefore mainly used in the aeronautical industry to protect aircraft wings or helicopter blades. Its conformability makes it suitable for irregular or curved surfaces and to resist difficult environments.
It is also used :
- for industrial projects to protect the equipment
- for renovation and construction projects
- in the sector of wind turbines to protect the blades.
Please note that this clear tape can be painted.
The 3M 8562 tape has the same features but is not as thick.
|Colour||Clear with a liner|
8561 : 0.36 mm
8562 : 0.20 mm
|Type of adhesive||Acrylic|
|Temperature resistance||Up to 93°C|
|Conversion||Cut in rolls, pieces|
8561 : up to 101.6 mm
8562 : up to 50.8 mm