- SPLICING / ASSEMBLY
- HIGH TEMPERATURE / INSULATION
- Ideal for bundling and protecting cables and wires
- Used in the automotive industry and as an anti-rodent protection
- Resistant to ageing, abrasion, temperature, chemicals
- Available widths: Up to 1035 mm
- Cut in rolls, pieces
The reference ADEZIF TO 440 is a textile adhesive tape used for the protection of cable bundles and electrical wires.
It is made of smooth, highly abrasion-resistant black polyester (PET) fabric and an acrylic adhesive mass. It is compatible with manual or machine use.
This tear-proof cloth tape is frequently used in the automotive industry for winding electrical cables, and as a protective sheath for cables against rodents (rats, mice or other pests).
- Low and high temperature resistant
- Heat resistant up to 150 °C continuously (for 3000 h) and 175 °C for shorter periods (for 240 h)
- Resistant to abrasion and aging
- Compatible with PVC
- Smooth backing
- Strong adhesion
- Good dielectric qualities
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and hydrocarbons (e.g. diesel/petrol) for more than 2 weeks
Adezif can transform TO 440 tape with a laminating technique, in order to optimize its resistance for your demanding applications.
- Anti-rodent protection of cables and harnesses, especially in the automotive industry
- Insulation of electrical wires, e.g. in stereophonic systems
- Cable bundling in sensitive areas such as hospitals
- Smooth anti-abrasion protection: pallet truck wheels, public works...
- Fitting, jointing: rubber mat fitting, temporary repair of hoses while waiting for the replacement of parts...
- Can be used as masking tape: TO440 can be removed without leaving any marks on most surfaces.
The correct application of the TO 440 is ensured by the controlled unwinding force. The final end of the tape should be applied to the tape itself and secured by thumb pressure.
|TECHNICAL INFORMATION - ADEZIF TO 440|
Black (orange or ivory on request)
|Length||50 m (66 m available on request)|
|Backing material||Polyester (PET) cloth|
-40 °C / +150 °C
+175 °C for 240 h
|Adhesion on steel||5.5 N/cm|
|Elongation at break||30 %|
|Tensile strength||250 N/cm|
|Conversion||Cut in rolls, pieces|
|Available widths||Up to 1035 mm|